Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What About Your Friends...??? by An'twan


Hey young world!!...okay so today i wanna lecture (yes i'm gonna lecture lol), today i wanna lecture about loyalty, trust, and how it makes a friendship....well...a friendship!! I wanna talk about my first friend. I will NOT give names so we will call him Friend #1: THE LIAR...Friend #1: THE LIAR and i became really good friends after he and my cousin dated way way back in the stone age. I wasn't feeling him at first because my cousin being like my little sister, i felt like he was no good and i had to protect her from him BUT much to my surprise he turned out to be a good dude and treated her with respect and kindness and i sort of changed my point of view on him. He and my cousin, as i predicted, didn't last long and unfortunately they began to always have this love/hate relationship they have that they seem to always find a way to put me in the middle of. But anways Friend #1: THE LIAR and i still despite of became like home dogs, rollies, brothers from another mother and went throughout high school like that UNTIL he got himself a car. All of a sudden the motherf*ckers who talked so much smack on him behind his back and the ones i always had to fight and stand up to for him because he never could, and only reason why is because i'm very protective over my family and friends, but anyways the ones who never were really feeling him were suddenly the ones he was calling best friend. Now i don't mind more friends because theres always room for more than one best friend but dont sit there and smile in my face and put me on the back burner like i'm one of ya b*tches or something and then smile in my face and act like everything is okay because reality is it aint. Like for example, i'd call him up and say "Ayo homie we chillin today?" and he'd say "Nah B i gotta do something with my moms or whoever" but THEN the next day or week i get back to school to hear the dude lied and was clowning with his so called new "friends" . So after awhile it got to the point where i was like okay, yeah i see, whatever then because i am the kind of person that when you mess up more then once your out of my life and he has messed up WAY too many times ESPECIALLY when he dogged my cousin out on some disrespectful mess to all his friends and his sneaky, backstabbing ex. And you all KNOW blood is WAY thicker then water!!...but yet still i forgave him until now. Now my question to YOU guys is...why does it seem like when you let something go they don't want to face the fact that it is done and blown away with?? And like honestly I want to know, rather you been through the situation with a friend, lover, family member, or not. Tell me why they just don't get the picture?? When you could have been a friend you didn't want to be. And like some walk around trippin' and acting like their life is SO much better then yours and that they are on another level then you, but yet they still wanna be homies with you??....I don't quite get it? I'd say i'm the good boy type...always trying to stay ahead of the game and out of the street while i let the other clowns do they thing and I think that's what he let intrigue him for a second but it's like if you got new friends or whatever now homie then go chill with them, don't come back to me trying to suck up for an ear to talk to because it just don't go down like that. I be feeling bad for the poor guy sometimes because I often catch him seating alone at lunch or functions because his new "friends" put him on hold for a probation period, but it's like that's what you asked for so why should i bother and help? Does it REALLY take for you to be a rocket scientist to see those cats are using you?!? But hey it's called Karma right? And what you throw around will definately come right back and bite you in the a**. But you know what's SO funny is it's not just him who does that bullcrap of lying and deceiving, but also ALOT of my other "Best" Friends" do it too. I won't talk about them because we'd be here for days so i'll only talk about my main 2, but i just think that is just bananas now when i think about it you know?

Now Friend #2 who we shall call THE USER, moved away for awhile and then came back to my town for school out of nowhere. Now me and this dude were tighter then Friend #1 and i were. We went through the young boy stages together to the today days of Man-Hood. Now this dude and i went through hell and back before he moved because before he moved there was a rumore that he tried or did f*ck my ex-gf behind my back so i wasn't too happy about it, but he said he didn't and she said the same so i was like ok whatever and plus i really didn't care because we were in 8th grade and you know when you in Middle School you just go out with the people just to go out with them, but still it was the principle of the matter though, but like i said...I got over it, but anyways when he came back from his move we tried to put all our differences in the past and just be cool like we was back in the day. He told me he was trying to pursue his dream in music and that he needed help with connections so i was like "hey you know what? I'll give you a hand since i got connections." When i said those words i guess he got really excited in the head because from that point on out he was trying to chill with me and be buddy buddy with me, BUT after the day of me introducing him to all the people he needed to know that could help him make his music, i saw nothing of him anymore. I always saw his sister ironically but never him. I'd call him up sometimes and be like "Yo homie, you tryna chill with me and peeps??" and he'd either make up some excuse about how he out the house and ain't home or won't be home when in ReALITY, he sister always told me he was. So after awhile i was like bump it, wash hands, move on and that's what i did. So after that we didn't talk anymore then out of nowhere something happend where this big-mouthed kid went back to both of us and said that each one of us were talking about the other, so we settled it like grown men and told the big-mouth kid to mind his business and we moved on. He even came to my B-Day party that day so i thought things was cool like before, but all good things come to an end because he started acting the same way he did before so i was like bump it for real this time! And i did. So a few months throughout the year i see him and he looks HORRIBLE! Word is he has been chilling with the local "thugs" around my way and doing drugs and all with them. Lost his job, messed up the connections i gave him for his music career, and dropped out of school. I thought to myself like wow yo...and i wanted to be friends with him? So now everytime he sees me he has this guilty look on his face like he know he messed up our friendship but i'm at a stage now where i don't wanna hear it. I ain't ya girl and you ain't my girl so cut the funny RuPaul sh*t out, realize you lost a good friend and move on. Stop begging! The other day matter fact, i saw him at the bus stop and i was going to walk by without saying anything because i just believe there ain't nothing to say and he says to me "Ayo what's been up with you?", tryna start convo. I just looked at the dude i used to call my homie back in the day like he was crazy and said, "Hey how ya been? I been good", and i just kept pushing on forward to my crib because like i said before if you got new friends now homie go chill with them, don't come to me asking for an ear to talk to. And funniest thing after all he did to me he had the odascity to come and ask me if i'd write him a song, sing on a track with him, and hook him up with my manager. HAHA...as if i'd let you use me like numerous times before?? I don't think so blood! You had a chance to get up on my level with me but you chose the wrong door to knock on so now you must suffer the consequence. Now i'm about to hop off this post because it is LONG as everything and i didn't mean for it to be, but i want to ask you why does it seem like when one friend chooses one path and another chooses a different, the one who chooses the wrong path always comes crawling back to the one who chooses the right one?? I laugh because right now i have ALOT of fakes in my face, girls and boys, and the saying KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE AND YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER is always playing in my head because you know what's funny is the fact that i am closer with my past enemies then i am my own friends i grew up with. I can pick about 2 friends that i currently have out the whole bunch that i can say are real while the others are like WOW...I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS?? So in closing i want you to ask yourself, Who is a REAL friend? What defines a GOOD friend? And when the going gets bad for you and you have nobody to turn to will you be able to say what TLC said way back in the day, WHAT ABOUT MY FRIENDS..??

No comments:

Post a Comment