Monday, June 15, 2009

Daily Music Buzz...

HEY YOUNG WORLD!!! So today in the crazy world called the Music Industry, ALOT has been going down. Now a few posts are recent and a few are past due because of the fact that I've been lazy posting DAILY like I SHOULD!!! Bad Me i know, but nonetheless if you haven't heard any of the news I am posting then GREAT because I really tried my best to give them to you guys on time before they OFFICIALLY turned into old news and IF you have read some of these posts already then ACT like it's new news and read it AGAIN!!! haha enjoy....


Last week 3 music videos were finally premiered after much buzz around the singles released. Now the first video comes from our ol' home girl Amerie. Last week on Tuesday, June 9 she came to BET's 106 & Park and premiered her video for her new single which is entitled Why R U and it will be included on her new album which is entitled In Love And War, but I honestly thought she was planning to change the title of the album...?? IDK. The video for Why R U can be described more along the lines of a performance video and but of course it shows the beautiful Amerie frolocking around dancing, singing, and sporting high fashion just like the rest of the performance videos do to make the video look interesting. I was kind of disappointed because I kind of envisioned a old school feel to the video since the song sounds like an old school throwback from the 90's but I was COMPLETELY let down to find her just stand there in front of various walls. But even though my vision didn't come through with the video I MUST say that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be though because TRUST me i seen WORSE. My only hope for the rest of Amerie's career is that she doesn't EVER try that good girl gone bad image again like she did in Touch because it just wasn't working for our ol' girl. Be sure to pick up a copy of In Love & War when it comes out sometime in mid-summer. I have heard a few leaked tracks from the album and I must say that she definately has taken a TREMENDOUS turn away from the formula she used on Because I Love It. The best leaked song that I have heard so far would have to be Dear John. She coo's and sangs over a smooth mid-tempo beat about how she is writting a Dear John letter to her bf who goes by the name of John, coincidence?, and she is letting him know that EVEN THOUGH he may have THOUGHT he broke her heart, in the end she is stronger and WILL find better even though he told her she wouldn't. Very proud of the girl Amerie...expecting BIG things from her....




The NEXT video comes from our girl Jordin Sparks, who just revealed her album cover for her upcoming cd, Battlefield due out July 21, 2009, last Monday, June 8. I didn't even KNOW she had a video out until I flipped on the tv one day and caught the ending of it so if you guys haven't found out and are surprised then believe me you are just as shocked as I am because I was like what?!? When did this happen?! She just gave a sneak preview of it the other day! But the video must have premiered last Monday OR the Friday before last Monday, which was June 5. Now the video in my opinion is a TOTAL fail because I expected more from a video with the title of Battlefield and with such a heavy guitar driven sound on the chorus, I just feel Jordin gave nothing but a rushed performance just to catch up with a climbing single and anticipating album. When I saw the sneak peak of the video I was REALLY digging the little bit I saw because I thought that she was gonna lay in the field after she got out the car and imagine she was in a actual battlefield with explosions and fire and etc. Now I KNOW we are in an economic chrisis BUT DOES THAT MEAN that the videos have to look like what they are...low-budget?? Who knows if this video was low-budget but it definately was a boring mess. But regardless of a rushed video i WILL still support Jordin because in my opinion she is one of the few good girls that we have around the industry who know how to keep their goodies ACTUALLY locked in the jar so yeah...love Ms. Jordin Sparks!



The Last video comes from the Bad Girl of Bad Boy Entertainment herself, Cassie!! Cassie's video for her new single, Must Be Love, premiered last Friday, June 12 and I must say that it was VERY abrupt due to the fact that she has no buzz on the radio about the single NOR does she have much promo going around about her album so I was kind of curious and mad as to why Cassie would do this because a few months back I recall her saying that THIS time around she was gonna give an album NO ONE forgot....they weren't he EXACT words BUT that's what she might as well had said with how she was talking. Now the video I MUST say was the pretty good and it was kind of a throwback of what the videos used to look like back in the early 2000's or late 90's. Even though the video had a different vibe from the rest that were out I felt that the concept was missing but GO FIGURE so is the concept in other videos. Cassie has a cameo by Diddy all up and throughout the video and yes people, he is just being the regular Diddy we know....trying to rap and TRYING to show off his "swag"...?? IDK, but he is also the love interest in the video which I think is ironic because OF COURSE we ALL know that they are together behind closed doors, but i honestly think they should of had Diddy at a bar or something in his own location with his own love interest and Cassie in her room with the guy she likes in the other and them just vibing off each other's presence between the walls. And if you want to know what I am talking about when I say in between the walls you will see when you watch the video because the whole thing is shot with the two of them being in seperate rooms and one single wall dividing them. Also Cassie's new haircut she got really messes up the video's vibe because the song is SO old school R&B with a feel good vibe to it and she has the look of an Rolling Stones fan WTF?!?...not a good match!! BUT i will say the ending is pretty sick with the furniture and piano setting itself on fire. I think that was SO sexy and dope at the same time so Cassie DEFINATELY gets brownie points for that. If you are a fan of Cassie's then you can check Cassie's new album, Electro Love, in stores sometime mid-summer or late this year...

BUT Moving On To Other News In The Music World.........

Today via his Twitter page Monday morning, ATL photgrapher, Derek Blanks, premiered some new and VERY eye-catching images of our girl Ms. Fantasia for some promo. No word on what the images could be for BUT hopefully they are for her new album expected out sometime late this year. I must say Ms. Fantasia is bringing it in these pics and definately looks like wifey type in that Red-Satin dress. But the one pic with her in the bow-tie is too reminascent of Janelle Monae's style and I feel NOBODY can rock it the right way BUT her, but I'd still marry Fantasia if she asked lol. Fantasia will be going on a major city tour of the Color Purple and will touch the stages of city's in Washington, Chicago, Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York, of coarse, and personally i'm HOPING Philadelphia because i'd REALLY like to take my Mama with me to see what all the buzz is about with this play...since 2006 it's been highly talked about!! Gotta see it before my time runs out ya know?? Enjoy the pics....









Also Today MTV VJ and the Famous wife of Nuggets basketball player Carmelo Anthony, LaLa Vasquez, posted via her Twitter her new haircut she will be sporting. If you seen the "famous" cut that Cassie got and jocked then you will know what cut I am talking about. She posted on her Twitter page "Yes, Cassie made this cut famous now I'm just putting the LaLa Remix onto it. Who will be next in the movement??....It just feels good to let go." Yea....okay?? Pretty interesting...Now my question is why the HELL did she do that to that gorgeous head?? I bet Cassie felt stupid for shaving her head and it being a failure so she probably called up everybody she knew to help her out to make it something stylish to be worn when really it looks like a squirrel hat shaven in half. I honestly think they shavin they head because Diddy and Carmelo stressing them out and they losing they hair over it lol. I'm just saying! But anyways the pic that Ms. LaLa posted wasn't as bad as I thought it would look and I must say i am actually pretty impressed because it looks pretty descent on her and in my opinion, probably any hairstyle can look descent on her because she so damn gorgeous!! BUT is it me OR does she look a little bit like Keri Hilson?? IDK...i'm just saying lol....


BACK TOGETHER???


Also last Thursday word was that Mr. Chris Breezy and Princess Rihanna were at Game 4 for the 2009 NBA FINALS between the Lakers and Magic last week TOGETHER BUT Seperately at the same time...if that makes sense? lol Word is that Rihanna, who is rumored to be dating Mr. Best I Ever Had himself aka Drake, was spotted at the game along with some friends just watching the game, sipping some beers and having a good time while Chris did the same. HOPEFULLY he didn't have any beer though because he still underage of the drinking age and i also heard drinking makes you a VERY angry and agressive person sometimes and we KNOW how he can get when he is angry and agressive lol he probably would have courted Rihanna off to the side and gave her round 2 of what she got the night before the Grammy's LOL okay okay I am going to stop, making jokes is not nice! Bad ME!! haha But anyways, word is Rihanna is working swiftly on her return to the music scene but dipping in and out of studios with various producers and Mr. Brown is putting the finishing touches on his upcoming album, Graffiti, which is expecting a fall 2009 release. Good to see them moving on from the pain...


Lastly this week I just wanted to inform those who DIDN'T know that Jay-Z and Mr. Kenneth Edmonds himself aka Babyface, have started new record company's. Jay-Z left Def Jam about a month ago and is building up another empire to distribute more blazing talent from like he did back in the day. Ladies and Gentlemen I give you....Roc Nation!!! CLAP CLAP! I must say I am impressed with Jay-Z's decision to start fresh again because is it me or did it seem like Jay-Z hit a little snag in the road as far as music goes?? He ain't making them albums sound like they did back in his Reasonable Doubt/Dynasty days now is he? And don't ya'll lie and say he is because we ALL know Kingdom Come was undersold, Jay said so himself and American Gangster was underbuzzed. I just want the old Jay back when he was "Big Pimping" and telling those living the "Hard Knock Life" that they could have "Anything" even if they did make a "Song Cry" from their story. I just want that feeling back that I had when I heard "Ain't No Ni**a" featuring Foxy Brown for the first time, don't you? Hopefully this new label can bring back the good old sounds of back in the day. The management for Roc-Nation is going by the name of Star-Roc Management and word is Beyonce will serve as President of A&R and Rihanna and Brandy will be apart of the label as artist as well. I also heard that big time producer, Stargate, will also be apart of the label serving as the head of production and songwriting. Sounds promising BUT I honestly think that if the rumors being A&R are right ALL hell is going to break loose because she is NOT gonna let any cute, danceable, and good singing girls get next to her man Jay. I smell a catfight lol.....

In the other corner we have Mr. Babyface himself and word is the name of his new label,which is being distributed by Def Jam, coincidence?, will be named SodaPopMusic and will have my past Daily Spotlight Artist, Kristinia Debarge, as his first artist. Edmonds wrote and produced many of the songs on her debut album, including the current first single "Goodbye." The singer is scheduled to shoot a video for the track in Los Angeles during the coming weeks. SodaPopMusic is a full-scale label start-up for Babyface, one of his first since LaFace Records (home of Toni Braxton, OutKast, TLC, and Usher). This sounds promising and I look forward to hearing what Babyface has to dish out because when you think about it he did give us some our BEST songs in the 90's by producing and writing them. Hopefully BOTH record labels can pick up off the ground and eventually take off somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment