Friday, June 5, 2009

Even When It Hurt Is It Love??...by An'twan



HEY YOUNG WORLD!! Okay so a few days ago my friends and I were seating in class and my one friend, who we shall call Gorgeous because I don't give names out, was saying that her and her boyfriend had gotten into a fight. Now i was doing my work, so I wasn't really in tune to the conversation, but when she said that he swung at her that's when I decided to listen in. So i'm nosey now lol and i'm asking a billion questions like "What? Did he hit you?", "When was this?", "Where was I?", etc...etc. Now she says that they were arguing at first and that the hit wasn't intentional or anything and that she deserved to be hit because she was the reason for him to swing. So I asked Gorgeous what did she do and she tells me that they were seating in his parked car and that she threw his bank card out the window into the parking lot because he was yelling and degrading her. I snapped when I heard that because how can you think you did something wrong to be swung at when in REALITY you didn't even do anything really?!?! The car was parked and the bank card was in the parking lot, don't you think he could have gotten out the car to get it? So she says that he got it and when he came back he gave her a lecture on how to respect people's stuff but REALLY he deserves a lecture on how to respect women better. I mean really homie, you yell and call her names and expect her to seat there and take it?? I wouldn't if i were a girl and she definately shouldn't at all. Now i'm not into the whole domestic violence thing against women so when i hear crazy stories like this i really do take it to heart and get upset because what makes it okay to turn the one you "love" into a punching bag?? And what makes me even MORE mad is the shallowness of the girls who say "Oh he didn't mean it" or "It's Okay, I'm alright because it was my fault to begin with" or even better more my FAVORITE line "He said he wouldn't do it again though, he "LOVES" me" LOL what?!?! Since when is love suppose to hurt? If i were a girl i wouldn't want anyone to lay their hands on me or make me feel like I'm worthless. I remember this one story my mom had told me when I was younger about a boyfriend she had dated. She said that he was really nice and that he always held doors open for her and stuff BUT behind CLOSED doors he was cheating on her so she said she decided it was enough and wanted to breakup. When she told him she wanted to breakup he started yelling at her and even grabbed her around the neck. Now this made me mad because no man better put they hands on my Mama, even if i wasn't born at the time. But i should have known my mom wouldn't take that because she said before she knew he was on the ground crying and pleading for her to STOP while she stomped him. LOL. I loved my Mom even more after she told me that because it made me proud to know I had a guardian like her who wouldn't put up with such "childish non-sense" and I wish the rest of the world would see that, but I guess you can't win them all. The Chris Brown and Rihanna case I would talk about also but I'll save it for another time because I know ALOT of you guys have strong opinions about how that went down and I do too, so that's part for another blog but I want to ask you guys right NOW....ladies AND fellas...Would you allow a man to hit on you?? AND if you are a boy...would you hit a girl or allow a girl you love, like your mother, to be beaten on by another man? What do you think of people who allow it to go on in households and in relationships? And Have you ever been the abuser or ever the victim? I WANT to know and I NEED to know so hit me up and let me know what you think. If you have a story about abuse in your life i'd like to know that ALOT too because I'd like to do a post on it for everyone to see if you dont mind so yeah...Talk to me....

No comments:

Post a Comment