Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Complicated Emancipation....Poem by An'twan



I hate seeing you

Everytime you glance my way it is like you have the ablity to take my thoughts to where i have no clue of what to do

I examine in my mind the things that made us for the better and the worse

I try to lick my wounds clean but still the scars from you still hurt

Even if i close my eyes and tell myself you arent't there i can't hide the fact that you are

Why can't you disappear like you did when the times i wanted to hold you tight when you were far

I feel my memory box in my mind starting to tell me that I need to delete some thoughts of you and make room

Only thought of you i have are thought of a love that was doomed

I knew who you were before me and i know who you are now

Thats why i dont get why my heart still wants you around

Your like Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk and Wonder Woman all in one

Dont really need to put up a fight to you because i already know that this battle you have won.

When will you give up on me like i have gave up on you?

When will you ignore me for once so i can finally move onto what's next to do

At night while you hold your pillow tight its like i feel you grabbing at my t-shirt trying to bring my love closer.

I wish that i could come close but right now i am feeling like when Keyshia Cole said "I Just Want It To Be Over"

Even if you care please just keep it to yourself

Telling me you still love me just is bad for our health.

I can't move on and maybe deep down i dont want to

But if i dont how the hell will I ever get over you?

So heres step one and this is the step when i tell you how i feel

And how i feel is that i want you to realize that you and i are no longer something real

And also like i said before I hate seeing you...

...because everytime you glance my way its like you have the ability to take my thoughts to where i have no clue of whats next for me to do.
This poem for me is actually something i am going through right now...for those who may be confused about what the title means and what the poem is about then i'll tell you right now. Emancipation means to evolve into or basically grow from one stage to another. The title "Complicated Emancipation" means i am trying to move on from somebody or an event in my life that wasn't happy for me or just maybe wasn't a period of time i should have been in, but in the end everywhere i go it seems to follow me and haunt me forever making it hard for me to shake my past and go onto the future and everybody out there im sure can relate to this on some sort of level because i'm sure everyone out there who has had a bad relationship, rather it be a friend who betrayed you or a loved one who hurt you or even someone who you you were infatuated with who you may think have broke you, was haunted by it some time or another making you spark up that question of should i look back or should i move full speed ahead?? Like i said a few blogs back...i like being SINGLE so i am choosing to bury what was supposed to be a "happy" chemistry between she and i and i'm just moving forward with my life. I hope this poem can help you out in your decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment