Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The LONG Wait For Love (Part 1)...by An'twan



Hey Young World!!! ...Okay so a few days ago i was chillin with my best friends and we were all seating around and talking about life, graduation, and just taking each day like the last and not worrying about side effects that come with life. One side effect that was mentioned was love and we all seemed to have different views on it and of coarse in the end we kind of disargreed to agree but when we agreed it was more so on agreeing to see where the other was coming from but i know that in all our minds we all felt strong about our opinions and were basically like screw what you said because you don't know what you are talking about haha but when I was laying down in the dark listening to my mix of old school music with some old school reps like Maxwell, Erykah Badu, and D'Angelo i started thinking, maybe i see all the sides to what me and my friends were talking about. My one best friend, who we will call the Realist because she always says what is on her mind and keeps it straightfoward without the bullshi*, said that living spontaneously is the way life should be. You should never let the fear or your failures ahead get in the way of the sucess ahead which is the way I felt also because I believe that procrastination effects the nation lol. She also stated that in love you can't press for it and pray on it at the same time, you have to be patient. Like you can't expect God to look for you some one who may be your "soulmate" if your looking also and only finding those who are wearing the disquise of a soumate and in reality are just plain out bad for you and to me I think that is true because I feel that if you pray for a soulmate and say your patient with finding love and falling in it BUT yet you turn around and try and find some one that you think you can fall in love with then I feel your rushing God and not trusting him to come through with what he said he would do because right now he may think that your not ready for love or he just might think that love isn't ready for you so he may postpone and hold it off for a few months or even a few years even until he finds that special some one that he thinks may be fit for us. I think with patience you have to be fearless and confident that at the end of the wait something great will come out in the end. Now my other best friend, who we will call the Analyzer because she knows how to analyze the best of a situation even if it is a bad one, said that she is patient for love and that she is willing to fall in it. She said that even though she isn't worried about love at the moment she would like to have that special some one aside from her friends and family to confide in, that special someone to talk to over the phone for long hours about nothing just because you wanna hear the other persons voice, that special some one who will say i love you over and over again even though they said it a million times before but deep down inside they say it because they really truely mean it....we all want that some one right?? But she also sparked another good question when she stated that even though she is willing to fall in it she isn't willing to let her guard down sometimes when it comes to love because she has been hurt before in her past and has lost SO many things that she is scared the same thing will happen in a relationship. I look at her fears as natural because after so many heartaches from before how many can ones heart take again?? Me and the Realist stated that in life you cannot expect the worst because in reality what's the worst that can happen? At least you can walk away from the situation knowing your answer instead of letting it just slide by you without an answer. Now I am sitting here thinking if love is an option for me and am i actually brave like I thought i was before. I met a girl who I been "trying on" lately and trying to see if she is the right fit. I really like her and all and just the other day after weeks of texting one another we finally moved to the phone which was scary because the phone is like the big step nowadays because texting is how we communicate now which is pretty sad. But yeah we moved to talking on the phone and I we had a first date the other week but nothing special, just a walk around the local flea market. Now she was trying to hold my hand and was saying all sound goods in my ear but i was holding back for some reason and i honestly don't know what it was. I guess since I have never been in actual love before I am clueless on how to be a good boyfriend and how I should act in a relationship so I held back because I don't want to scare her away and i DEFINATELY don't want to mess up our friendship/or relationship. So i am sitting here thinking and ALWAYS questioning myself...Does LOVE really play a big role in our lives?? Does it have enough power to take us from the person we were to the person we become, even if its for the good or bad?? Why do some of us shy away from love although love is really something we want deep down inside?? Why do some of us hide behind the fears of the past instead of facing up to the fear of not being able to know what to do in a relationship?? and WHY does something going wrong always have to be the thought that lingers in our minds at the beginning of a relationship?? OMG yo there are SO many questions to this topic and this is ONLY part ONE to the saga that i will post on about weekly so stay tuned......but UNTIL then please let me know...should love be waited on and let the other greater aspects of life take its place until it comes OR should love be waited on BUT also not forgotten in our minds and us being sightful of what comes our way?? What do YOU think Young World.....???

1 comment: