Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Daily Artist Spotlight...




Today's Daily Artist Spotlight comes from one of my FAVORITE singers from my collection of favorite unknown singers who WON'T be unknown for long. Today's artist is a pretty, petite and dainty little songbird with a voice as strong as an eagles call so i guess little songbird wouldn't be a way to describe her because babygirl got chops. Without further or do Young World here she is....Introducing....SUAI!!!! YAY...CLAP CLAP!!! haha Now Suai, pronounced like Sway, is new on the scene and I discovered her when I was flipping through a magazine. Now everytime I kept on dropping the magazine it KEPT popping open to the page of NEW STARS TO WATCH and Suai was one of them. Her whole look just stood out from the rest of the other wannabe popstars and her name gave her a different appeal then the other already popstars out here in the game now. So I took her name down and went home and googled her and I found her website, myspace and some other informational sites about who she is and where she comes from and all. I found some tracks of hers online and once I heard the first line to her popular online song, "OH SNAP!" i was like OH SNAP!!! lol She really had me hooked on what she was saying lyric for lyric, word for word, harmony for harmony. She was just THAT good! On "OH Snap!", Suai sings about meeting a guy that she thought would ONLY be her friend UNTIL all of a sudden and out of the blue she starts catching feelings for him and realizes that she maybe, just MAYBE might be in love. It's a really catchy song and VERY relateable and I think anyone who has a Love Jones that wasn't supposed to happen can relate. Another great song of hers that is pretty popular online is the song entitled "Am I Alone?" On "Am I Alone" Suai SANGS about the MANY oppurtunities at a better life we have today going bad with people killing each other, mothers and fathers not raising their kids properly and children in places in the world who have no food to eat or shelter to hide from the rain. It is a VERY touching song and I think is the REALIST song since Mary J. Bliges "No More Drama". At the end of Am I Alone you hear our NOW president Mr. Barack Obama speaking and saying that in order to last as a nation and to have piece on earth we MUST sacrifice ourselves for each other, "All for One and One for All", which is so true. To get more if an insight about Suai here is a short bio that she gave to her fans via Myspace.....




i've been interested in music since i was a really little girl. mom is a singer/songwriter/musician and kinda gave me a gentle nudging towards music when
i was about 3 years old.we'd sing songs in the bathroom in front of the mirror (for acoustic purposes of course). about
11 years later i wrote my first songin our living room, it was called...ummmm...wow, i really can't remember. it was good tho!! shortly thereafter, partly because of the great response to my songs and partly because i loathed high school,
i decided to dedicate myself completely to music!! i even picked up the guitar and wrote a few folky tunes (hopefully they'll be revisited someday). i made it through high school, recorded a demo and started shopping around for a record deal.
after i signed with Motowni thought things were gonna change overnight....not!! 3 years later i'm
working at Starbucksand still living at home. the time has been good for me though. i've recorded an AMAZING album, performed in more than a few cities, including my own, and i've
developed a strong sense of the kind of artist i want to be...something i wasn't totally sure of a few years back....so yeah, about the music..
"suai, when i buy your album, what can i expect?"you can expect awesomenesstivity!! no seriously, if you love music, you'll love this album. it's all the things you love about music right now, used to love and will love in the future all packaged up together for your listening pleasure! every song has it's own individual vibe but the glue that holds it all together is...well...me.
"who have you worked with?"everybody and their mamas too!! lol, i've been recording for almost 3 years. i've been all over the map collaborating with a ton of producers and writers. but you're lookin for names, right? ok, here ya go: Linda Perry, Akon, Dre & Vidal, Carvin & Ivan, Dallas Austin, B. Cox, Polow (da don, lol), Ne-yo, Neffu, Harold Lilly, Madd Scientist, Claude Kelly and Jevon "Duvall" Hill to name a few.. oh and yours truly did some production work too!! (don't believe me? check the credits..)
"what's the album called? and when is it droppin'?!?!"we've got a few working titles and it's droppin' soon!!!
"should i bootleg? or buy?"omg, BUY!! if you bootleg, you won't get to read my liner notes, see pictures or have a firm plastic surface to fill out your bank deposit slips on. also, i won't be able to have a huge tour and create jobs by hiring a huge crew...then that huge crew won't have money to recycle back into the economy. so you see, it's imperative that you BUY MY ALBUM!
"ok, i'm sold! where can i see you perform?"well, i'm glad you asked. i've got a bunch of videos on youtube (youtube.com/eighty8kees) and i post all of my upcoming performances on my official website (suaionline.com). i hope to see you at a show!! thanks for checkin me out! love ya! be blessed! s.

xoxo

*So there Ya Have it Young World!! Another great voice of the future. I am hoping to hear BIG things from Ms. Suai and I HOPE that she does not get overshadowed by these no singing wannabe popstars out now. I'm praying for her lol. SO SERIOUS!!! To find out more about Suai just visit her OFFICIAL Myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/suai or http://www.twitter.com/suai OR http://www.suaionline.com. You won't regret your research on this GREAT artist....

No comments:

Post a Comment